Friday, October 8, 2010

REALLY????

Dr V walked into the room and greeted us in his normal cheerful way. He asked if we were ready to start IVF and I couldn't help but think to myself..."are you ever really ready?"

He started the internal scan and you would never believe what happened next. Okay okay, maybe you will, but I couldn't.

Within 2 minutes of the scan he announces that we will not be starting today. I was crushed. I didn't know what to think or what to feel. I was numb.

He went on to explain that I had what they call a Corpus Luteum. It is a form of a cyst but very insiginificant and is where the egg was released from in my last cycle. It is taking up space in the ovary and so they can't start me on stimms. Instead, I was given the pill of which I am to take only the active pills for 18 days. 2-3 days after I take the last pill, AF should arrive, corpus luteum free, and we should be able to start on CD2 again.

I left there feeling empty but soon realised that I cannot stress over things I have no control over. I have to to stay positive...I just HAVE to!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment