Tuesday, October 26, 2010

***Huge Sigh of Relief***

AF arrived on Sunday morning....woohoo!!!!!!!!!

So we were up bright and early yesterday so that we could be at Vitalab at 7am for our scan. I noticed that as tired as I was, it's amazing how much energy you have once the adrenalin kicks in from all the excitement and the nerves.

We didn't have to wait long before my name was called and it was our turn. As we sat waiting in Scan Room 4 I found myself silently praying. I asked God to remove all obstacles so that we could have the family we so desire (or at least try).

The nurse walked in and I started to feel very anxious. She started the scan and I immediately recognised the black blob on the screen to be the dreaded cyst. I asked if it was and she wouldn't say anything. I started to tense up thinking to myself "This cannot possibly be happening to me again".

Finally, the nurse piped up and said that even though it is still there, the cyst is now 11cm as apposed to the 21cm it was at the last scan and that it was dissolving. At this point the only thing I wanted to know was if this was going to delay us starting IVF again???

She explained that I would have to go for bloods and that if the bloods showed that the cyst was releasing hormones then we would not be able to start but if not then we would be okay.

So off we went downstairs to the blood lab and after we were done we were told that we now had to wait 1hr for the results....Seriously????????


No comments:

Post a Comment