Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It only takes one

Mondays scan only revealed one more follicle. Dr D suggested that we retrieve the bigger of the two, which was 14mm, and then we will basically have to hope for the best (he didn't actually say that).

I am thrilled that the cycle was not cancelled. After all I have been through this cycle I just want to be able to see it through to the end. I am still praying that I will get that chance. I hope that my one follicle produces an excellent quality egg that fertilises perfectly.

We have another scan tomorrow morning and Egg Retrieval will most likely take place on Fri morning. If fertilisation is successful then Embryo Transfer will be on Monday.

The nurse at the clinic insists that I should not give up just yet. She gave me a little bit of hope when she told me that they have had lots of successful pregnancies from 1 egg.

After all, it only takes one, right?

3 comments:

  1. It does only take one! That's how everyone else does it ;)

    I think we are so used to failing month after month that we are kinda "programmed" to think that we need loads of eggs/embryos to be successful.

    Have faith in that one eggie! I'm keeping everything crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right, it only takes one. Keep the faith friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope your little eggies will grow into the baby you so much want and deserve.

    ReplyDelete