Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We have a POA...YAY!!!!

Our appointment with the new FS was awesome. He is everything we are looking for in a doctor. He was compassionate and positive and best of all he said I DO NOT have to have another Laparoscopy...Woohoo!!!!

I honestly thought that DH was gonna jump up and give him a hug at that point. That was the one thing that had us both super stressed. Not even the thought of doing another IVF was as stressful as having another op.

So, good news all around...

The first being that I don't need the op. The 2nd is that the centre is running a "Valentines Special" and I qualify for it, so this next IVF is going to cost us less than half the price of the last one we did. I tell you ...God is Good :-)

It all worked out so perfectly because DH and I had decided a while back that we were going to change to this clinic, even though it was only supposed to be later in the year. Now with the special, we decided to push it forward a bit. The timing was perfect too because just days ago we had decided that we wanted to try another IVF during the year as I just couldn't bear the thought of having to wait until December. DH has been so great. He is so supportive and just lets me do whatever I need to do to get through this. He truly is MY ROCK!

So, everything is in place and all we have to do now is start...

We could have started in my next cycle, in March, but we decided that we are gonna wait until June, like originally discussed. I really need to prepare myself mentally, emotionally and physically. This time, I wanna know that I have done everything I possibly can so that I can give myself the best possible chance at success.

My plan is to eat healthy and continue to exercise. I have stopped drinking and the next hurdle is to give up smoking. This is proving more difficult than I thought, but I know I can do it. In the preceding month I will try and cut out carbs after 3pm as this is believed to help with egg quality. I just really want my body to be ready for a pregnancy.

I have to say...I am so happy with our decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment