Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tomorrow, is only a day away....

We have an appointment tomorrow morning with the Sisters at the clinic to collect our meds and discuss our protocol.

I am so excited about it. I feel like it's out first time all over again. IVF virgins once more.

Right now, it's all feeling very surreal so I am hoping that having the meds with us will make it a little more real.

Also, I have a plan... After reading blog upon blog and gathering a wealth of information from FC I decided to make a few lifestyle changes in an attempt to improve egg quality. I gave myself the end of March as a cut off for all things bad so that gives my body 2 full months to prepare itself for a possible pregnancy. Gosh, even as I type those words, it seems so impossible.

The most important and quite possibly the most difficult for me is going to be to stop eating carbs after 3pm. I am a total carb queen and having a slice of bread or rice with dinner is the norm in our household. I am going to have to plan our dinners days/weeks in advance. That's the only way this will work.

The next thing is cutting out sugar. Currently, I only have 2 teaspoons of brown sugar with my cereal in the morning but since I started taking Diane over a month ago, I have been craving and devouring tons of chocolates *naughty naughty*

Apparently, sugar is known for breaking down of your cells and, Human growth hormone spikes at night when we are sleeping, so your body is working on egg quality while you sleep. If you eat carbs after 3pm during the day, this causes a spike in your insulin levels at night. Insulin has a direct impact on Human Growth Hormone, it reduces its effectiveness in improving egg quality.

I also want to look into taking some vitamins but not sure where to start with regards to this. Will have chat with the sister tomorrow.

Lastly, I will completely give up all alcohol, caffeine and any other drugs of choice :-). I'm also going to up my H2O intake and start exercising more. Time to step it up a notch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment