Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Eagles have landed :-)

Tuesday morning, once again, we were at Vitalab bright and early. We were so excited that sitting in the waiting room for 15 minutes felt like an eternity.


Finally we were ushered into Dr J's office where we sat and discussed our embryo's and the procedure. Dr J assured us that we had two perfect embryo's. One was already divided to 8 cells and the other 9 cells so he was quite pleased. He showed us pics and even e-mailed me a copy.


8 CELL EMBRYO





9 CELL EMBRYO



He went on to explain that the embryo's are in a little casing. He said that by Thurs or Fri they would have split to 120 cell and that is when they break out of this casing and implant. The next step was to go downstairs to the theatre and fill up my bladder.


Now this was a mission. I was so anxious to go in and get this done that I drank the first 3 glasses in record time. The problem with this was my tummy got really full and I started to feel nauseous. I told the nurse that I felt like my bladder was full so in we went. I lay on the table, hubby by my side, and the nurse put a cold gel onto my tummy. Then she did an ultrasound and only to find that my bladder was NOT full enough and I needed to drink more. She said that I did't need to drink too much more because the other water is probably still filtering through to my bladder...LOL


Back to the waiting room and one more glass was all I could manage before I really felt the need to Wee. So, off to the theatre we go and this time she says it is perfect. Nice and full.


I cannot even explain how uncomfortable I was. Dr J started the procedure by inserting a catheter into the uterus. The lab staff then bring the embryo's through in another softer catheter and insert it through the one already there. DH and I are told to watch the screen closely as the embryo's are injected. There was a bright flash and that was it. My potential children were inside me, safe and sound. The lab staff then put the catheter under a microsope to make sure nobody got left behind.




I had to go back to waiting room now and sit there for 10minutes with an extremely full bladder. Seriously??? I didn't think I was going to make it...hehe


So now we were given all the meds I will need to take as well as our testing date.



23 November 2010 ~~~The day that our lives may change forever~~~

2 comments:

  1. I think the full bladder thing is the worst part of this whole process... lol I could only wait for 20mins after ET before I had to go.... didn't want to get up in fear of "disturbing" the embies but I just couldn't hold any longer.

    I love how you Vitalab girls get pics of your embabies... I'm jealous :)

    Here's to two perfect embabies sticking and becoming your two perfect babies!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness I only had to wait 10 minutes. I wouldn't have made it a second longer.

    Yeah, it is nice to have pics.

    Thanks so much Melis. It means so much to me to have your support.

    I just know that you are also going to have two perfectly thawed embabies soon and now it's going to be your turn also.

    Next journey together...PREGNANCY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete